PUNCTURE, EMERGENCY SPARE WHEEL
In case of puncture
Depending on the vehicle, a tyre inflation kit or emergency spare wheel is provided (refer to the following pages).
The Tyre Pressure Monitor function does not check the emergency spare wheel (the wheel replaced by the emergency spare wheel disappears from the instrument panel display).
Refer to the information on the “Tyre pressure monitoring system” in Section 2.
If the emergency spare wheel has been stored for several years, have it checked by your Dealer to ensure that it is safe to use.
Vehicles fitted with an emergency spare wheel smaller than the four other wheels:
- Never fit more than one emergency spare wheel to the same vehicle.
- As the punctured wheel is wider than the emergency spare wheel, the vehicle’s ground clearance is reduced.
- Replace the emergency spare wheel as soon as possible with a wheel with the same dimensions as the original.
- When this is fitted to the vehicle, which must only be a temporary measure, the driving speed must not exceed the speed indicated on the label on the wheel.
- Fitting an emergency spare wheel may alter the way the vehicle usually runs. Avoid sudden acceleration or deceleration and reduce your speed when cornering.
- If you need to use snow chains, fit the emergency spare wheel to the rear axle and check the tyre pressure.
Emergency spare wheel A
To get to it:
- open the tailgate;
- remove the mobile floor 1;
- remove the tool kit box by lifting it by its handles;
- unscrew the central mounting;
- if the vehicle is fitted with amplifier, place it to the side;
Note: be careful not to impact the amplifier or cut its circuit;
- remove the emergency spare wheel.
Note: Store the punctured wheel in the storage bag provided, along with the tool kit and put them in the boot.
Do not touch the exhaust system.
Risk of burns.
If the vehicle is parked on the hard shoulder, you must warn other road users of your vehicle’s presence with a warning triangle or with other devices as per the legislation applying to the country you are in.