To access the wiper blades, stand on step 1.
Note: the step may be slippery.
Replacing windscreen wiper blades 2
- Lift wiper arm 4;
- move the blade into a horizontal position;
- press tab 3 and slide the wiper blade downwards to release hook 5 from the wiper arm;
- slide the blade (A) then lift it (B) to release it.
To refit the wiper blade, proceed in the reverse order to removal. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position.
Check the condition of the wiper blades. You are responsible for their service life:
- clean the blades and the windscreen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use them when the windscreen is dry;
- free them from the windscreen when they have not been used for a long time.
- In frosty weather, make sure that the wiper blades are not stuck by ice (to avoid the risk of the motor overheating).
- Check the condition of the wiper blades.
Replace the wiper blades as soon as they begin to lose efficiency (approximately once a year).
Whilst changing the blade, take care not to drop the arm onto the window after it has been removed as this may break the window.