WINDSCREEN WIPER BLADES
Replacing windscreen wiper blades
With the ignition on and the engine stopped:
- lower the windscreen wiper stalk fully: they stop slightly away from the bonnet;
- lift the wiper arms 1 and 2;
- pull the tab 4 (movement A) and push the blade 3 upwards.
To refit the wiper blade, proceed in reverse order to removal. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position.
Raise the windscreen wiper stalk fully: the front windscreen wiper blades will settle down onto the bonnet.
Check the condition of the wiper blades. You are responsible for their service life:
- clean the blades, windscreen and rear screen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use them when the windscreen or rear screen are dry;
- free them from the windscreen or rear screen when they have not been used for a long time.
- In frosty weather, make sure that the wiper blades are not stuck by ice (to avoid the risk of the motor overheating).
- Check the condition of the wiper blades.
Replace the wiper blades as soon as they begin to lose efficiency (approximately once a year).
Whilst changing the blade, take care not to drop the arm onto the window after it has been removed as this may break the window.
Rear screen wiper blade on rear hinged doors
- Lift wiper arm 5;
- pivot the blade 6 until some resistance is met;
- pull the blade to release it (movement C).
Rear windscreen wiper blade on tailgate
- Lift the wiper arm 7;
- pull the tab 9 (movement B) and push the blade 8 upwards.
Proceed in the reverse order to removal. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position.