With the ignition on and the engine stopped:
- lift windscreen wiper arm 2 as far as it will go;
- pivot blade 1 until it is removed from its hinge.
To refit the wiper blade, clip the blade onto its hinge. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position.
Check the condition of the wiper blades. How long they last depends on you:
- clean the blades and the windscreen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use them when the windscreen is dry;
- free them from the windscreen when they have not been used for a long time.
- In freezing weather, make sure that the wiper blades are not stuck by ice (to avoid the risk of the wiper motor overheating).
- Keep an eye on the condition of the blade.
Replace the wiper blades as soon as they begin to lose efficiency: approximately once a year.
When changing the blade, when it has been removed, do not let the wiper arm fall against the window: risk of breaking the window.