WINDSCREEN WIPER BLADES
Replacing wiper blades 1
With the ignition on and the engine switched off, lower the windscreen wiper stalk completely: they stop slightly away from the bonnet.
Lift wiper arm 3, pull tab 2 (movement A) and push the blade upwards.
Slide the blade along the arm until it clips on. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position. Return the windscreen wiper stalk to the park position.
Rear screen wiper blade 4
- Lift wiper arm 6;
- pivot blade 4 until some resistance is met (movement C);
- depending on the vehicle, press tab 5, then remove the blade by pulling it (movement B).
To refit the wiper blade, proceed in reverse order to removal. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position.
Keep monitoring the condition of the wiper blades. How long they last depends on you:
- clean the blades and the windscreen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use them when the windscreen is dry;
- free them from the windscreen when they have not been used for a long time.
- In frosty weather, make sure that the wiper blades are not stuck by ice (to avoid the risk of the motor overheating).
- Check the condition of the wiper blades.
They should be replaced as soon as they become less efficient: approximately once a year.
When changing the blade, when it has been removed, do not let the wiper arm fall against the window: risk of breaking the window.