PUNCTURE, EMERGENCY SPARE WHEEL
In case of puncture
Depending on the vehicle, a tyre inflation kit A or a spare wheel B is provided (refer to the following pages).
Vehicle fitted with a tyre pressure loss warning system
In the event of under-inflation (punctures, under-inflation etc.), the warning light appears on the instrument panel. TYRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNING.
If the emergency spare wheel has been stored for several years, have it checked by your Dealer to ensure that it is safe to use.
Vehicle fitted with an emergency spare wheel that differs from the other wheels:
- Never fit more than one emergency spare wheel to the same vehicle.
- Replace the emergency spare wheel as soon as possible with a wheel identical to the original one.
- When this is fitted to the vehicle, which must only be a temporary measure, the driving speed must not exceed the speed indicated on the label on the wheel.
- Fitting an emergency spare wheel may alter the way the vehicle usually runs. Avoid sudden acceleration or deceleration and reduce your speed when cornering.
- If you need to use snow chains, fit the emergency spare wheel to the rear axle and check the tyre pressure.
If the vehicle is parked on the hard shoulder, you must warn other road users of your vehicle’s presence with a warning triangle or with other devices as per the legislation applying to the country you are in.
Emergency spare wheel
To get to it:
- open the boot;
- depending on the vehicle, lift up the movable floor and the boot mat 1 BOOT ARRANGEMENTS;
- unscrew the central mounting 2 in the centre of the emergency spare wheel;
- remove the spare wheel B.
Depending on the vehicle, to store a punctured wheel in the boot, move the bench seat forwards REAR BENCH SEAT: functions.
Note: in the absence of an emergency spare wheel or tyre inflation kit, do not load the bottom of the luggage compartment.
Depending on the vehicle, the tool block is located under or above the spare wheel, attached to the wall under the luggage compartment carpet