PUNCTURE, EMERGENCY SPARE WHEEL
In case of puncture
Depending on the vehicle, a tyre inflation kit or emergency spare wheel is provided (refer to the following pages).
Vehicle fitted with a tyre pressure loss warning system
In the event of under-inflation (punctures, under-inflation etc.), the warning light appears on the instrument panel. TYRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNING.
If the emergency spare wheel has been stored for several years, have it checked by your Dealer to ensure that it is safe to use.
Vehicle fitted with an emergency spare wheel that differs from the other wheels:
- Never fit more than one emergency spare wheel to the same vehicle.
- Replace the emergency spare wheel as soon as possible with a wheel identical to the original one.
- When this is fitted to the vehicle, which must only be a temporary measure, the driving speed must not exceed the speed indicated on the label on the wheel.
- Fitting an emergency spare wheel may alter the way the vehicle usually runs. Avoid sudden acceleration or deceleration and reduce your speed when cornering.
- If you need to use snow chains, fit the emergency spare wheel to the rear axle and check the tyre pressure.
If the vehicle is parked on the hard shoulder, you must warn other road users of your vehicle’s presence with a warning triangle or with other devices as per the legislation applying to the country you are in.
Emergency spare wheel
To get to it:
- open the boot;
- depending on the vehicle, lift up the movable floor and the luggage compartment mat 1;
- depending on the vehicle, remove the cover 2 from the tool kit 4 by sliding it (movement C or D);
- unscrew the central mounting 3 (located, depending on the vehicle, under the jack) anti-clockwise;
- remove the tool kit 4;
- remove the emergency spare wheel (A or B, depending on the vehicle).
On vehicles equipped with emergency spare wheel B, the punctured wheel may not be stored in place of the emergency spare wheel B. The 4 tool kit must be attached using the central attachment 3 and the punctured tyre must be placed in the luggage compartment.