WIPER BLADES: replacement
Replacing windscreen wiper blades 1
With the ignition on and engine switched off, lower the windscreen wiper stalk completely: they stop slightly away from the bonnet.
Lift wiper arm 3, pull tab 2 (movement A) and push the blade upwards.
Slide the blade along the arm until it clips on. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position. Return the windscreen wiper stalk to the park position.
Check the condition of the wiper blades. You are responsible for their service life:
- clean the blades, windscreen and rear screen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use them when the windscreen or rear screen are dry;
- free them from the windscreen or rear screen when they have not been used for a long time.
- In frosty weather, make sure that the wiper blades are not stuck by ice (to avoid the risk of the motor overheating).
- Check the condition of the wiper blades.
Replace the wiper blades as soon as they begin to lose efficiency (approximately once a year).
Whilst changing the blade, take care not to drop the arm onto the window after it has been removed as this may break the window.
Rear screen wiper blade 4
Stalk in stop position (deactivated):
- Lift wiper arm 6;
- pivot blade 4 until some resistance is met (movement C);
- depending on the vehicle, press tab 5, then remove the blade by pulling it (movement B).
To refit the wiper blade, proceed in reverse order to removal. Make sure that the blade is correctly locked in position.
Before changing the rear wiper blade, make sure the stalk is in the stop position (deactivated).
Risk of injury.